Sarah Barberland

 

Sarah is a whimsical, kooky and highly creative artist and designer. With a love of quirky design, the macabre and pop culture her pieces are created using a combination of iconic characters, painting, mix media and recycled art either found in a op shop or even street bountied. The aim is to delight and bring a sense of nostalgia to a world that never was, perhaps even a world that exists between our world where creatures and magical beasts roam the earth with humans.  


As a multi-disciplinary artist, designer, jewelry designer, prop maker, milliner, perform and experience designer, with a BA in Digital Design and UX, she uses art as a means to express the joy we can feel as we tap into our inner child and through her works let them run wild in the Imaginarium. 


“For me art is an extension of my soul, it has always been my happy place. Im awful at meditation and sitting still but when I create art I find my flow state and the chaos in my head stills and the whispers calm. I truly believe art is its own therapy and if we can harness that creative unicorn inside us all and empower each other to create beautiful things that's when the magic happens and that is where the joy is found!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mariel Corbett

Energy Fire

John O'Driscoll